jeudi, novembre 02, 2006

story about khwaja baha'udin naqshband



His son-in-law and first successor, Khwaja al ad-din Attar, used to tell the story of how in the early days of his membership of the halqa, he was speaking to a "person of the way" at Ramadan, about the heart.
"I said that I did not know the true nature of the heart. This person said that in his opinion the heart was like the moon three days old. I told this to our beloved Khwaja Baha ad-din. At the moment he was standing up. He placed his foot on mine. At that moment a great bliss came over me and I felt myself in contact with All Truth.
When I recovered from this state, he said: 'That is the heart; not what the dervish said. How can you expect to know the true heart, qalb, unless you have direct experience of it?'"



mawlana shaykh hisham kabbani, classical islam

Aucun commentaire: