jeudi, novembre 02, 2006

more sayings of shaykh baha'udin naqshband




"When I was responsible for groups, my state was such that whenever I was aware of two or three in conversation, I lent an ear. If they were conversing about God, I was blissful; if they were talking of anything else, I became sad and heavy at heart."

"We are means for reaching the goal. It is necessary that seekers should cut themselves away from us and think only of the goal."

"The capacity of all hearts is the same, but the practical wisdom within the heart is very different from one heart to another."

"If I were to look at the faults of my friends, I would be left without a friend. For there is no faultless friend. Everyone loves good people. The art is to learn how to love bad people."

"The clarification of practical wisdom consists in showing people how to discover them in their own personal experience."

Aucun commentaire: